2023 Coastal Virginia Magazine Best Of Readers' Choice Awards
This Contest Has Ended
We are thrilled to be recognizing the BEST of the region in our annual Coastal Virginia Magazine Best Of Readers' Choice Awards! We rely on readers like you to nominate and vote on who you feel are the ones who make Coastal Virginia such a great place to live, visit and explore. Contest winners will be released in our July/August 2023 issue. Please be sure to read all of the contest rules and regulations before participating.
Nomination Period: Jan. 3 - Feb. 3, 2023
Voting Period: Feb. 6 - March 6, 2023
Rules, Regulations & Reminders:
- Nominations begin on Jan. 3 and will end on Feb. 3
- Click the green "Nominate" button the contest rules, type in your candidate and select the appropriate category(ies)
- You may make as many nominations in as many categories as you would like
- Please note it may take up to 48-72 business hours for your nomination to be approved and appear
- A business/individual may be nominated in a maximum of 6 categories. Once they are in 6, they will not be accepted in any more categories
- Each nomination will be reviewed for accuracy before getting accepted
*Note: All categories will be reviewed before the voting round. If there are less than 6 nominated businesses/individuals in a category, that category will be subject to publisher's discretion and the amount of the awards will be altered based on nomination and vote levels.
- Voting will begin on Feb. 6 and will end on March 6
- Cast a vote by clicking the green "Vote" button under a candidates name in their category(ies)
- Each voter is allowed to cast one vote per category during the duration of the contest
- Our contest winners will be those receiving the most votes overall
- Contestants are eligible to win a maximum of 3 categories in which they received the most votes
- Any nominated business/individual found to have used a third-party service to unfairly influence their vote count will be immediately disqualified (please be aware of potential scammers who may solicit your business for this purpose)
- Any nominated business/individual offering discounts, gift certificates or other monetary rewards to customers in exchange for Best Of votes will be immediately disqualified.
- Any nominated business/individual found using a fraudulent voting system will be immediately disqualified.
- Q: Do I have to submit my name and email in order to nominate and/or vote?
- A: Yes, you must have a registered Vote Vista account. You may sign in with your pre-existing account or create a new account by clicking "Register" in the top right corner of your screen. Submit your name and email and address. You will receive a confirmation email and then you will have access to nominations and voting.
- Q: What if I don't receive my confirmation email?
- A: Check your Spam and Junk folders. If it is not there, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org to be manually verified.
- Q: If I miss the deadline to nominate, can I still make an entry?
- A: No. Once the nomination round concludes and voting begins, we will no longer accept any new nominations into the contest.
If you have any trouble with the contest or have any questions that are not answered above, please contact Web Content Manager Kelsey Thomas at email@example.com for assistance.